1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are the members of your family?
Oh Lord, the Rotten One (our sometimes good, mostly rotten, always the comedian, half Shepherd half Husky critter) is a part of the family. We fostered her and then decided to adopt her. She is a 'sensitive singer-songwriter' and throws injured looks at me when she feels she's been done an injustice (which is frequently). Nonetheless, she's ours for better or for rotten.
2. If you can have a dream come true, what would it be?
Someone to pay me to be a bad-ass and also to finish my dissertation quickly. Being a bad-ass means doing what I want, when I want and still making the world a better place.
3. What is the one thing most hated by you?
Conflict in friendships. Seriously. Just found this out, but as it turns out it makes me ill, an insomniac, sick to my stomach, stressed, hurt and angry.
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Travel the world doing good for people. And maybe open a store for women with PMS. Chocolate covered potato chips, doughnuts, french fries...Thoughts on other options?
5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Wine, bubble bath, a comedy, a good book, a hard yoga session, a swim, a good laugh with friends...
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
Both -- I think it should really be reciprocal otherwise, it's unrequited which is kind of sad.
7. What is your bedtime routine?
PJs, turn on fan, read or watch something on Netflix, fall asleep, wake up at 3 am with insomnia...
8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
On the internet :)
9. If you coould watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?
Oh. Peter Gabriel making music - definitely.
10. What kinds of books do you read?
EVERYTHING! My favorites are generally espionage novels and murder mysteries, but I love travelogues and classic literature...if it's good, I will read it.
11. How would you see yourself in ten years time?
Sexier than ever and radically changing the world for the better.
12. What's your fear?
There are a lot, but my current one is not finishing my dissertation.
13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?
Hell. No. I don't really eat junk food anyway but space is weird and creepy. Terra firma please.
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?
Could I sleep around a lot?...just sayin'
In all seriousness living in poverty, no, but needs met and married probably. I don't need a lot of money to be happy but I don't want to struggle to pay bills.
15. What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
Get out of bed and make coffee, take the coffee back up to bed and get on the internet and start answering emails and reading expat blogs while drinking coffee. I am a useless ball of wax before coffee.
16. If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?
I wish he aimed better when he peed. (Love you, honey)
17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I actually like my name (and kept it when I married...) but my mom told me the other day she wished she'd named me Scarlett since I remind her of Scarlett O'Hara...(wtf?!)
18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
I'm working on that right now in a friendship. I'm actually not sure, but I'm trying...the forgetting part is really tough and probably takes a better person than I am.
19. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Oy....uhhh...probably french fries...covered in queso.
And now, you're tagged!!
1) Is there such a thing as too much cheese?
3) Conjugating Irregular Verbs